Go to content Go to the menu Go to the search

Quick access, personalized services


Under French law, foreign students are only permitted to work a maximum of 964 hours a year, 60% of a full time work schedule

The student "carte de séjour" acts as a work permit.

Please note: Algerian students and European students from countries in the “transition period” (Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, the Czech Republic, Sloveia, Bulgaria, Romania) cannot work without a temporary permit.

In France, the minimum wage is €1,321 gross for 35 hours’work, equal to €8,71/hour before compulsory national insurance contributions are deducted (around 20 %)

Where can I find a student job?

www.cnous.fr: this organization offers students a "temporary work” service. Don’t look for work before you have your student card and – if required – your "carte de séjour".

other useful links:

www.anpe.fr keyword “student”





Séverine Bortot (severine.bortot @ upmc.fr) - 08/01/18

Traductions :



Zamansky Tower

16th floor, office 1605


tél. +33 (0)1 44 27 41 16

Contact (delphine.dieudonne @ sorbonne-universite.fr)


Opening hours:

Monday- Thursday, 9:30-17:00

Friday, 9:30-12:00