What's happening at Sorbonne University

See all

Discover our news, events, portraits, videos, publications and more.

Information for International Students

Are you a current or prospective international student? 

Whether studying on exchange or seeking a full degree at Sorbonne University, access essential contact information, resources for learning French and a glimpse into student life. 


Our Academic Programs

In Arts and Humanities, Medicine, and Science and Engineering

Choosing Sorbonne University means joining a world-renowned higher education and research institution. By joining our community of 55,000 students and 360,000 alumni worldwide, you'll be giving your all to a rigorous academic program and receiving the best in multidisciplinary teaching. 

Research and Innovation

Sorbonne University promotes excellence at the core of each of its disciplines and develops numerous interdisciplinary programs capable of meeting the major challenges of the 21st century.

Study at | Sorbonne University

Participate in the great adventure of learning, succeed in high-level studies and prepare to create the future.

Parismus is the international student association of Sorbonne University


Parismus is the international student association of Sorbonne University.

Bringing together 10 institutions that offer studies in literature, medicine, science, engineering, technology and management, our alliance fosters a global approach to teaching and research, promoting access to knowledge for all.

Alliance 4EU+

The 4EU+ Alliance

In a changing world, Sorbonne University has joined forces with seven universities: Charles University in Prague, the University of Warsaw, Heidelberg University, the University of Milan, the University of Geneva, Paris Pantheon-Assas University and the University of Copenhagen to create the 4EU+ Alliance.

With an innovative model of the European university, eight large research-intensive universities are working together to respond to the educational and research challenges facing Europe today.

Les Alliances de Sorbonne Université

How to get prepared for the new academic year 2023-2024

Discover our step-by-step guide to get ready for the start of the new academic year. Learn everything there is to know from the application process to the beginning of the first term.

Préparer ma rentrée slider


All publications

Artisans Abroad

Par Fabrice Bensimon

British Migrant Workers in Industrialising Europe, 1815-1870


25 000



bachelor degrees


master degrees




Discover our courses catalog

Health Sciences

The Faculty of Health Sciences teaches the 3 cycles of medical studies: from PASS (integrated into the faculty) to the 3rd cycle including DES, DESC, DU and DIU. The lessons are given mainly on two sites: Pitié-Salpêtrière and Saint-Antoine. The faculty also provides paramedical education: speech therapy, psychomotricity and orthoptics. The Saint-Antoine site includes a midwifery school.

Study | at the Faculty of Health Sciences

One of our riches is the diversity of students and their backgrounds. Sorbonne University is committed to the success of each of its students and offers them a wide range of training as well as support adapted to their profile and their project.

Associative life

One of our riches is the diversity of students and their backgrounds. Sorbonne University is committed to the success of each of its students.

21 393


17 527



Doctors in medecine and research


Research centers


Housing & Dining

Finding the solutions that best suit your lifestyle and budget

There are numerous options available for finding suitable and good quality accommodation and dining services. Our teams will guide you through procedures as you browse the different possibilities.

Finding an accommodation

Three pieces of advice

  1. Visit student residence halls and meet with their administrators.
  2. House-hunting requires patience. Do not get discouraged. Your efforts will pay off.
  3. Set up email alerts to receive real-time notifications and to stay informed about the latest ads.

>> If you are looking for financial aid and support, make sure you visit our page dedicated to housing assistance (housing section)

You can book your accommodation in student residence halls, in shared flats or from private property landlords. You will find classified housing ads on our housing services platform.Use your university credendials to login in (university username & password).

Book your accommodation at the Cité internationale universitaire de Paris (CIUP), which can provide exclusive accommodation in one of its 40 houses (only for master's students).

You can also find low-rent accommodation in the new student residence halls, which are less than 40 minutes from Sorbonne University campuses. Access to accommodation is based on social criteria, open to both French and foreign grant and non-grant holders, and are allocated for a lease term of one year.

Applications are handled directly by the managers of the new residences :

Private student residence halls:

  • Studefi,
  • Arpej,
  • Fac Habitat,
  • Les Estudines,
  • Studyrama,
  • Aljt,
  • Adele,
  • Logifac,
  • Studelite.

You can book an accommodation based on social criteria on the Crous website.

  1. keep an eye on the opening dates of the housing campaign,.

  2. create a Student Social File or DSE (watch the tutorial),

  3. Once your DSE is created and the campaign launched, you can submit your application.

You can book your accommodation directly from private property landlords. To avoid rental fraud:

  • Crous has introduced a trilateral city housing charter (between Crous, the renter, and the lessor),

  • make sure the contract is signed in the presence of the landlord before you wire money or send a cheque.

  • Intergenerational house sharing with senior citizens. Associations and NGOs in the Paris region will help you find rooms to book for an annual subscription. You will get a private bedroom just for you in exchange for some minor services. (www.leparisolidaire.fr / kaps.afev.org)

  • Flat sharing (www.colocation.fr or www.appartager.fr)

  • Finding a tenancy (http://www.locatme.fr/)


There are a number of restaurants and cafeterias on our campuses where you can socialise, relax, take a break and have something to eat. Learn more on our pages in French.