Master’s in High Performance Computing (HPC)
- Course duration : Two years
- Language of instruction : English
- Diplomas delivered : Master in Computer science or Mathematics (Sorbonne Université) and potentially a second Master’s degree from one of the partner universities (option 2 : EUMaster4HPC)
- Course locations : Sorbonne Université, France and for option 2 EUMaster4HPC either Bulgaria, Germany, Italy, Luxemburg, Spain, Switzerland or Sweden
This European Master's degree offers the possibility of validating :
- At Sorbonne University: the double degree of Master in Computer Science and Master in Mathematics OR one of these two degrees ;
- At the second university attended: the Master's degree delivered in the framework of the EUMaster4HPC programme.
Foundations of mathematical algorithms: from complexity to basic linear algebra
Scientific computing for large linear systems
Data structures and algorithms for programming
Foundations of numerical methods: difference and finite elements, Fourier, wavelets
Advanced high performance computing algorithms and programming
Parallel Programming for Embedded Systems / Embedded High-Performance Computing
From PDEs to their numerical resolution by finite elements
High performance computing for numerical methods and data Analysis
Variational approximations of PDEs
Approximation and processing of high dimensional data (elective)
Neural networks and adaptive numerical approximation (elective)
Theoretical and numerical aspects of incompressible fluids (elective)
- A diploma issued by Sorbonne University ;
- A diploma issued by the second university attended (option EUMaster4HPC).
- Educate students in areas such as the design, deployment, operation, and/or use of current and future generation HPC and HPC-related technologies in Europe ;
- Educate experts skilled in driving HPC adoption and knowledge transfer in industry and academia in different strategic domains, thereby linking HPC activities in industry and academia.
- HPC Solution designer
- Numerical modeling expert
- HPC programmer
- HPC expert
- Supercomputing expert
Entry Requirements & Admissions
Students with a Bachelor’s (Licence) degree in Mathematics and/or Computer Science with English speaking/writing skills (English proficiency of at least CEFR B2 / TOEFL 85/ IELTS 5 or higher, within the last 3 years; or a certificate proving that you have completed a bachelor/master program of higher education in English).
Highly motivated students with a strong background in mathematics (Bachelor level) and computer science (Bachelor level). Precisely, applicants should have knowledge of linear algebra notions and related algorithms, as well as basic numerical analysis. Concerning computer science, applicants are expected to be familiar with a programming language (preferably C or C++), as well as algorithm design and complexity.
The application for the academic year 2023-2024 needs to be submitted online during the official application periods for Master programmes.
Students must apply online via two different websites :