Master’s in Cloud and Network Infrastructures (CNI - EIT Digital)
- Course duration: Two years
- Language of instruction: English
- Course locations: France, Finland, Germany, Italy, Sweden
Year 1= M1
Year 2= M2
The programme combines courses with face-to-face workshops, group activities, and hands-on exercises. It covers a range of topics, including network management, operation, and design; cloud service and deployment models; implementation strategies; and application design.
Students study one year at an ‘entry’ university and one year at an ‘exit’ university. Each partner university in the programme proposes an exit with a specialisation:
Beyond 5G (University of Trento, Italy)
Cloud & distributed computing (Technical University of Berlin, Germany)
Mobile networking and cloud services (Aalto University, Espoo and Helsinki, Finland)
Networked intelligence (KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden)
Smart mobility systems (Sorbonne University, Paris, France)*
Following year 1, a summer school programme is organised to address business opportunities within a socially relevant theme.
*The exit at Sorbonne University provides advanced courses in smart mobility systems. Courses are taught jointly to students of the EIT programme and other students from Sorbonne University’s Graduate Department of Computer Science.
Entry Requirements & Admissions
The programme is open to applicants with a bachelor’s or who are in their final year of undergraduate study majoring in computer science, computer engineering or information systems. Applicants should have a basic understanding of mathematics, computer science, algorithms and data structures, software engineering, database systems, computer architectures, computer networks, and operating systems. In some circumstances, relevant work experience may compensate for a lack of relevant degree. Such work experience should be justified the applicant’s cover letter.
Benefits of attending the programme
- Acquiring theoretical skills, as well as the ability to analyse and discuss a scientific paper, to choose and implement appropriate methods to solve a concrete problem related to images, to give oral presentations and to write scientific reports.
- Learning to work independently as well as in a team, to identify and seek appropriate resources for advancing work, and to take initiatives.
- Securing roles such as network designers, network planners, ICT managers, Cloud CTOs, Cloud software engineers, lead software developers, cloud service brokers, cloud alliance managers, cloud infrastructure architects, business developers, product managers, consultants, etc.